Good News, Orlando. Florida’s only US D.O.E. licensed and approved protection training is now in Orlando. ESS Global Orlando D Florida security guard training classes start soon, so call today.
The security industry is growing exponentially, both nationally and here in Florida, and it’s time you got in on the action. Whether you’re looking to start an exciting new career as an armed/unarmed guard or you’re just furthering your education in the protection and security field, ESS Global Corp has the classes you need to obtain the licenses and training that Florida requires.
Orlando D Florida Security Guard Training
Our unarmed Orlando D Florida security guard training classes are now in session. You no longer need to drive to Tampa for world class D.O.E licensed and approved training. During class, you’ll learn about such subjects as confrontation management and the Florida legal codes. This is your opportunity to learn from the best as many employers know that ESS Global Corp operates the only Protection School in Florida that is D.O.E approved.
The attainment of a Class “D” statewide license issued by Florida’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is the first step in becoming a security officer. Once you have completed the state-mandated 40-hours of classroom training and taken and passed the exam the State of Florida will issue you a temporary license. The temporary license will allow you to begin working immediately while waiting for your hard copy from the State. The Class “D” license is for unarmed positions. For armed positions, you must complete the requisite requirements to obtain a Class “G” license that entails 28 hours of state-mandated classes plus a 48-round firearms qualification course.
Note: Anyone may take the class to obtain the Class “D” license. However, F.S. 493.6109 outlines the guidelines that must be met in order to be eligible to obtain a “D” license.
The requirements (as posted on http://www.freshfromflorida.com/) are as follows:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be of good moral character
- Be a citizen or legal resident alien of the United States.
- May not have been adjudicated incapacitated under s. 744.331 or a similar statute in another state.
- May not have been involuntarily placed in a treatment facility for the mentally ill, unless judicially
- May not have been diagnosed with an incapacitating mental illness, unless cleared by a psychiatrist.
- May not be a chronic or habitual user of alcoholic beverages to the extent the individual’s normal faculties are impaired.
- May not have been committed for controlled substance abuse.
The 40-hour course is separated into a 24-hour course and a 16-hour course. Both courses must be completed before a temporary license will be issued.
The 24-hour course includes in-depth curriculum modules on:
- S. 493 and 5N-1 FAC
- Legal issues
- Basic first aid
- Emergency procedures
- Ethics and professional conduct
- Access control
- Patrol techniques
- Observation techniques and report writing
- Interviewing techniques
- Fire detection, suppression and life safety
- Crime and accident prevention
- Crime and accident scene protection
- Terrorism awareness
The 16-hour course includes in-depth curriculum modules on:
- Public relations
- Courtroom procedures
- Fundamentals of personal security
- Interpersonal communications
- Professional communications
- Traffic direction
- Crowd control
- Special problems for security
- Terrorism awareness
A licensed DI or DS Instructor teaches all “D” license classes.
Classes offered in the following formats:
4 day – 4 consecutive 10 hr. days (8:00am – 6:30pm)
2 by 2 – 2 days one week and 2 days another week, usually over a weekend
Orlando D Florida Security Guard Training Class Tuition: $125 (military and previous student discounts available)