If you are looking for Orlando concealed carry training, you should know that there are CWP Trainers, CWP Classes and CWP Schools. A “school” needs to be certified by the State (in this case Florida) Department of Education.
That being said, the fact is that there is but one Protection School in Florida that is certified by the Florida Department of Education as a Protection School and that would be ESS Global Corp.
The Value of Concealed Carry
Concealed handguns protect people because you simply cannot rely on police forces for assault protection. A 2013 research article in the Wall Street Journal reported that the average police response time to an emergency assault call is 11 minutes (read that study here), with some responses taking much longer. In Detroit the average response time is 58 minutes. Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack said, “police do very little to prevent violent crime. We investigate crime after the fact.”
In 2014 there were over 1.8 million calls to the police for assault. Don’t become a statistic. Arm yourself and learn how to protect yourself.
Orlando Concealed Carry Training
If you are in the Orlando area, why would you not want the very best CWP training available in the state?
So maybe you’ve been thinking about getting a CWP. As ESS sees it there are 2 valid reasons.
- You can be safe without firing one shot. Government figures from the National Survey of Criminal Victimization show just shy of 100,000 uses a year of guns in self-defense against crime and violence, with “the vast majority of these uses being the display of weapons to deter or dissuade the intended crime.” But remember that carrying a weapon is a deterrent to crime. If you think it’s cool to pull out a weapon just to scare people away, that is a crime.
- One never knows where trouble starts. You go to the grocery store, make a quick visit to a bank, or just walk down your street on a beautiful summer evening. All your day to day activities are fine right until that moment when it becomes a threat in just the blink of an eye. The simple truth is, “a gun that’s not loaded and on your person is statistically the same as having no gun at all.”
Earn your class certification to get your concealed weapons license with our NRA certified instructors. You will learn the laws based on the Florida Statutes relating to concealed carry and cover safety techniques as well. Our class takes 2 hours to complete. You will leave with your certificate in your hand. The course outline is as follows:
Orlando Concealed Carry Training Class
- RULES FOR THE CLASS
- FIREARMS HISTORY/INTRODUCTION TO SEMI-AUTO PISTOL
- STORIES OF SUCCESS AND LAWFUL USE OF CWP
- PROPER MINDSET FOR CWP HOLDER
- FIREARMS SAFETY/PROPER GRIP OF FIREARM
- CALIBER CHOICE/SIDE ARM SELECTION FOR CARRY
- CARRY METHODS
- LAWS FOR PROPER AND LAWFUL CARRY
- LIVE FIRE EXERCISE