Tactical Baton ASP Certification Class in Tampa May 8th at ESS – This full day course is for protection agents, security guards and law enforcement.
Tactical Baton ASP Certification Class in Tampa May 8, 2022
ASP Tactical Baton Training in Tarpon Springs at ESS Global Corp, the leader in Florida Security Services and Training.
The impact weapon techniques in the ASP Tactical Baton program are designed to meet three standards of training:
- The techniques work on the street, not just in the classroom.
- The techniques are court defensible and are backed by the nation’s most experienced use-of-force consultants.
- The program is administratively feasible for use in a contemporary private security or law enforcement agency.
Class Length: 2.5 hours classroom, 4.5 hours training and drills.
Tactical Baton ASP Certification Class in Tampa at ESS Global Corp
The ASP Basic Certification (ABC) is a 7-hour, hands-on seminar which trains the class participants in the operational use of the Tactical Baton. The ASP Tactical Baton program is simple to learn and easy to understand. It provides effective defensive impact weapon tactics for law enforcement and private security personnel, as well as responsible civilians without long hours of training. The techniques were designed to work effectively for all users, male and female, large and small, physically fit as well as those in less-than-peak physical condition.
The ASP Tactical Baton training provides portation (carrying) and presentation (drawing) procedures as well as striking techniques. These tactics are quickly learned, easily practiced and readily maintained long after the program is completed.
The ASP Tactical Baton is designed to be used as an impact weapon, not a come-along device. There are no complicated holds or complex moves.
1. Exapndable baton, scabbard (holder) and duty belt or sturdy belt – Only expandable tactical batons are permitted in this class. “LeverLoc” and standard expandable batons are both acceptable. Scabbards (holders) must be securely-fastened to a rigid clothing belt or duty-style belt. Scabbards of the molded plastic or soft varieties are both acceptable. It is recommended that police officers and private security personnel bring and wear their entire duty belts to assist in creating a more realistic training scenario. (Please ensure that firearms are NOT introduced into the classroom or training room.)
2. Appropriate Clothing – Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the classroom portion of the presentation. Athletic clothing is recommended for hands-on training and drills.
3. Note-Taking Material – Pen, pencil, and paper to take notes with in the classroom.
This course is 7 hours and the tuition is $125.00 (Class size is limited).
“As the only security training facility in Florida to be licensed by the Department of Education, ESS Global Corporation provides education, training and consulting for commercial endeavors, government entities and the general public solely designed to enhance the safety and security of our communities.”