The Class “G” Statewide Firearms License, issued by Florida’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, is the license that permits any individual who possesses a valid Class “D” Security Officer license to perform the duties of an armed security officer while on an armed post or on an armed assignment. Further, the Class “G” license permits holders of valid Class “C”, “CC”, “M”, “MA”, and “MB” licenses to perform duties while armed.
NOTE: ANYONE MAY TAKE THIS CLASS. However, in order for you to OBTAIN a Class “G” Statewide Firearms License, you MUST:
- Have completed a state-mandated 40-hour unarmed Security Officer training program, OR
- Be scheduled to complete a state-mandated 40-hour unarmed Security Officer training program, OR
- Possess a valid FL Class “D” Security Officer License, OR
- Possess a valid FL Class “CC” Private Investigator Intern License, OR
- Possess a valid FL Class “C” Private Investigator License.
As a pre-requisite for applying for the Class “G” license, an applicant must complete a state-mandated 28-hour training course, pass a written examination and successfully pass a 48-round qualification course of fire.
The 28-hour course includes in-depth curriculum modules on:
- Chapter 493 of the Florida Statutes
- 5N-1 FAC (Florida Administrative Code)
- Chapter 775 of the Florida Statutes
- Chapter 776 of the Florida Statutes
- Chapter 790 of the Florida Statutes
- Civil and Criminal Liability
- Firearms Mechanical Training
- Firearms Operations
- Use of Force
- Written Examination
- Pistol Qualification
All “G” license classes are taught by a licensed class “K” Firearms Instructor.
Course Tuition: $175.00