The ASP Expandable Baton Training in Tampa August 21 is specifically designed for Law Enforcement, Security Officers and other Security Professionals.
ASP Expandable Baton Training In Tampa August 21
The ASP Expandable Baton Training Course in Tampa at ESS is specifically designed for Law Enforcement, Security Officers, and other industry professionals. All techniques taught work on the street and not just in the classroom. They are court defensible and backed by the nation’s most experienced use of force consultants. The course is meant to provide the student with an understanding of the conditions in which the baton may be used, justification for use, and how to document these actions.
The impact weapon techniques in all ASP Tactical Baton programs are designed to meet three standards of training:
- The techniques work on the street, not just in the classroom.
- The techniques are court defensible and are backed by the nation’s most experienced use-of-force consultants.
- The program is administratively feasible for use in a contemporary private security or law enforcement agency.
The ASP Expandable Baton Training In Tampa August 21 goes into great depth on Portation (Carrying), Presentation (Drawing), Striking techniques, Mechanical function, and Maintenance. The training incorporates drills which simulate the wide variety of street encounters which may require the use of an expandable baton. The class provides efficient defensive impact weapon tactics for personnel without long hours of training. The tactics are quickly learned, easily practiced, and readily maintained.
The ASP Basic Certification (ABC) is a 7-hour, hands-on seminar which trains participants in the operational use of the ASP Tactical Baton.
Tactical Baton Training in Tampa August 21 Focuses on:
1. Portation (Carrying)
2. Presentation (Drawing)
3. Striking techniques
4. Mechanical function
Class Length: 2.5 hours classroom, 4.5 hours training and drills.
1. Exapndable baton, scabbard (holder) and duty belt or sturdy belt – Only expandable tactical batons are permitted in this class. “LeverLoc” and standard expandable batons are both acceptable. Scabbards (holders) must be securely-fastened to a rigid clothing belt or duty-style belt. Scabbards of the molded plastic or soft varieties are both acceptable. It is recommended that police officers and private security personnel bring and wear their entire duty belts to assist in creating a more realistic training scenario. (Please ensure that firearms are NOT introduced into the classroom or training room.)
2. Appropriate Clothing – Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the classroom portion of the presentation. Athletic clothing is recommended for hands-on training and drills.
3. Note-Taking Material – Pen, pencil, and paper to take notes with in the classroom.
This course is 7 hours and the tuition is $105.00