ESS Global Corp, a leading protection and security firm, has ASP Tactical Baton Training in Tampa on November 1st 2016, at ESS Global headquarters in Tarpon Springs.
Updated 01-07-17 with new 2017 training dates!
Tactical Baton Training in Tampa January 23
The ASP Basic Certification (ABC) is a 7-hour, hands-on seminar which trains participants in the operational use of the ASP Tactical Baton. The program is simple to learn and easy to understand. It provides effective defensive impact weapon tactics for law enforcement and private security personnel, as well as responsible civilians without long hours of training. The techniques were designed to work effectively for all users, male and female, large and small, fit as well as those in less-than-peak physical condition.
The program provides portation (carrying) and presentation (drawing) procedures as well as striking techniques. These tactics are quickly learned, easily practiced and readily maintained long after the program is completed.
The ASP Tactical Baton is designed to be used as an impact weapon, not a come-along device. There are no complicated holds or complex moves.
The impact weapon techniques in all ASP Tactical Baton programs are designed to meet three standards of training:
- The techniques work on the street, not just in the classroom.
- The techniques are court defensible and are backed by the nation’s most experienced use-of-force consultants.
- The program is administratively feasible for use in a contemporary private security or law enforcement agency.
Tactical Baton Training in Tampa Focuses on:
1. Portation (Carrying)
2. Presentation (Drawing)
3. Striking techniques
4. Mechanical function
Class Length: 2.5 hours classroom, 4.5 hours training and drills.
1. Exapndable baton, scabbard (holder) and duty belt or sturdy belt – Only expandable tactical batons are permitted in this class. “LeverLoc” and standard expandable batons are both acceptable. Scabbards (holders) must be securely-fastened to a rigid clothing belt or duty-style belt. Scabbards of the molded plastic or soft varieties are both acceptable. It is recommended that police officers and private security personnel bring and wear their entire duty belts to assist in creating a more realistic training scenario. (Please ensure that firearms are NOT introduced into the classroom or training room.)
2. Appropriate Clothing – Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the classroom portion of the presentation. Athletic clothing is recommended for hands-on training and drills.
3. Note-Taking Material – Pen, pencil, and paper to take notes with in the classroom.
This course is 7 hours and the tuition is $105.00
As the only training facility in Florida to be licensed by the US Department of Education, ESS Global Corporation provides education, training and consulting for commercial endeavors, government entities and the general public solely designed to enhance the safety and security of our communities.