Halloween Safety Tips 2017 – With Halloween right around the corner, ESS Global, a safety consulting firm has some important Halloween safety tips.
Halloween Safety Tips 2017
Halloween brings fun and sweets to children, but those ghouls and goblins are not the only things to be afraid about on Halloween. Accidents and mishaps increase dramatically on Halloween night. For instance, children are more than twice as likely to be struck and killed by a car on Halloween than any other day of the year.
Halloween Safety Tips 2017
Trick or Treating
- Plan your route in advance – stick to areas both you and your children are familiar with. Keep your head on a swivel.
- Stay well lit – carry glow sticks and flashlights. Be sure you can see your path. Be sure you can be seen by motorists.
- Don’t trip up – Make sure costumes don’t touch the ground. Long costumes that drag on the ground can be dangerous, especially at night.
- Avoid masks that impede sight!
- Stay in groups – bring friends, stay in groups and this bears repeating – never send younger children out alone.
- Be sure children do not approach any vehicle, occupied or not, unless you are with them.
- Put your cell phones down and keep your heads up. Walk, don’t run. Use crosswalks and traffic signals.
- Watch out for open flames in those jack-o-lanterns sitting on porches.
- Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Always walk younger children all the way to the door to receive treats, and…
- Never enter the home of a stranger.
And it’s not just taking you kids out for some fun, you must be vigilant all day. The children are all wound up just walking home from school. Don’t be distracted while driving. Stay focused.
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and can move in unpredictable ways.
- Enter and exit driveways slowly and carefully.
- Take extra time to look for children at intersections.
- Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day.
- It’s a popular night for adult parties – While no night is good for drinking and driving, this is especially true tonight!
By taking the time to plan ahead and using these Halloween safety tips, you can ensure you and your children, as well as others, have a happy, healthy, and safe Halloween.
“As the only security training facility in Florida to be licensed by the Department of Education, ESS Global Corporation provides education, training and consulting for commercial endeavors, government entities and the general public solely designed to enhance the safety and security of our communities. Our partnerships promote an unrelenting devotion to high standards of duty and courage. ESS Global Corporation accomplishes this mission through an unwavering dedication to deliver comprehensive security services to the communities we value and serve.”
or email email@example.com