Florida D Security Guard Training in Tampa October 9-12 – D.O.E. Approved Florida D License Course October 9-12 in Tarpon Springs Florida at ESS Global.
Florida D Security Guard Training in Tampa October 9-12
The State of Florida requires this security training course to be taught at licensed security school and ESS Global is the only Florida Security School approved and certified by the Florida Department of Education.
The Florida D Security License Training in Tampa October 9-12 is a 40-hour training that will teach students the basic principles of unarmed security including; physical security, access control, emergency procedures, and more. Skill development shall include report writing, interviewing techniques, accident and crime prevention.
The attainment of a Class “D” statewide license issued by Florida’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is the first step in becoming a security officer. Once you have completed the state-mandated 40-hours of classroom training and taken and passed the exam the State of Florida will issue you a temporary license. The temporary license will allow you to begin working immediately while waiting for your hard copy from the State.
Note: Anyone may take the class to obtain the Class “D” license. However, F.S. 493.6109 outlines the guidelines that must be met in order to be eligible to obtain a “D” license.
The requirements are as follows:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be a citizen or legal resident alien of the United States.
- May not have been adjudicated incapacitated under s. 744.331 or a similar statute in another state.
- May not have been involuntarily placed in a treatment facility for the mentally ill, unless judicially restored.
- May not have been diagnosed with an incapacitating mental illness, unless cleared by a psychiatrist.
- May not be a chronic or habitual user of alcoholic beverages to the extent the individual’s normal faculties are impaired.
- May not have been committed for controlled substance abuse.